Friday, September 18, 2009

Jodelle Feland: Examiner Interview


Jodelle spoke to Examiner.com about Eclipse, beauty secrets and more.

Jodelle Ferland may be 14 years old, but she is no newcomer to the acting world. With a hefty resume, including Silent Hill, The Messengers, and Good Luck Chuck, she is on her way to being one of the biggest stars of this generation. I caught up with Jodelle right before she left for the studio to begin production on the highly anticipated, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. In this interview, Jodelle explains the effect that Twilight has had on her life, her beauty regimen, and the outlook she has on her Eclipse role and acting.

I understand that right after the news broke that you had joined the Twilight family, fans went crazy and you got some intense reactions from your friends. Has the hype died down at all for you?

Yeah. I mean at first everybody was going crazy and everyone was congratulating me. They’re still all really excited and it hasn’t…no, they haven’t calmed down that much. *laughs* I have a Twitter account, and that hasn’t calmed down at all, I’m still getting the same amount of followers. Everyday. On the first couple of days I was getting A LOT, and now its not quite as many everyday. But it’s been about the same pace. My friends have calmed down a little bit, but they are still really really really excited.

I’m sure you are too

Yeah I am. I mean, I used to be just jumping up and down everyday. Every time somebody mentioned it, I was like “yay!”. But I’ve calmed down.

It’s been almost a month…do you feel more comfortable going into the role or are you still adjusting to its attached intensity?

I’ve gotten used to the idea. At first I was completely shocked and I couldn’t believe it. But when you think about it, it really is just like any other set. It’s just that it happens to be a very, very famous movie. But it’s not really any different than anything else.

So you’re approaching it the way you would any other role?

Yeah

Are you making any physical changes for your role in Eclipse?

Well, I was hoping that they were going to cut my hair, actually. *laughs* My hair is so long, and it’s nice. But it’s too long, and it drives me crazy all the time. I don’t think they are going to cut my hair, but oh well. I already do gymnastics class. I don’t have to do it for the movie, but I’m just doing it anyway.

How do you keep your skin so clear and flawless?

First of all, I wash my face in the morning and at night. That helps a lot. I moisturize it a lot with Olay Classic Moisturizing Lotion for Sensitive Skin because I have very sensitive skin and I have to be really careful with what I use. Some moisturizers are too heavy and it’s hard to find the right one. I also wash my face with Oxy Cleansing Pads which helps a lot.

What nationality are you?

I’m part Austrian and British and French.

Do you have any favorite beauty products?

I like using natural products, so my favorite shampoo is by Desert Essence Organics. It’s raspberry and it smells really good, and it makes my hair shiny, and I love it.

Who would you like to work with in the future?

I’ve always wanted to do a movie with Johnny Depp. I really like his acting, and it would be great to do a movie with him. I’ve done a movie with Renee Zellwegger before, and she is the nicest person on the planet and I would love to work with her again.

Who has been the most influential or inspiring person in your acting?

I just think that everyone who has been really supportive and helped me a lot. I don’t have one person. My friends and family.

Who is your beauty icon?

Hmm. I haven’t even thought about that. Queen Latifah. I think she’s really beautiful. She has such a nice smile.

3 beauty products you can’t live without?

*laughs* I don’t think I could live without the stuff I use on my hair. The brand is called K-pak, and it’s for shine. My hair can get pretty frizzy sometimes, so I don’t think I could live without that. If I didn’t have that my hair would be frizzy all of the time.

And number two. Lip Balm. Sometimes during the winter, my lips can get dry.

One more thing I use is a natural mineral powder. I don’t like wearing a lot of makeup. A lot of people who wear so much makeup when they are younger, get to the point where they can't go out, ever, without makeup. I try not to wear it very much so I don’t get used to the way I look like that. I think all of the natural mineral powder brands are good, but the brand I am using right now is Physicians Formula.

What has been your most interesting role been so far? Why?

Let’s see. One of the last things I did was a short film called “Everything’s Coming Up Rosie”, and I played an autistic girl, which is something I’ve never done before. It’s pretty different than everything else I’ve done.

No comments:

Post a Comment